Monday, November 9, 2009

Rapide - Camp Hill


Another small restaurant hidden away in the suburb of Camp Hill. Rapide a modern Australian style restaurant with a twist on classic dishes.


Rating
















Food


Dessert


Service


Ambience


Value


4


4


4


2


3


Food


Meredith had the lamb with a minted salad and kiplfer potatoes, beautiful lamb which melted in your mouth and the minted salad gave the dish a unique flavour.


Jaz chose to have 2 entrees for the evening. The first was a Wagyu beef salad with peach and sundried tomatoes. It was possibly one of the tastiest entrees I have ever had. EVER. That good. So light and just perfect as a starter.


The second entree was a rabbit and sage gnocchi stew of sorts. Granted, the salad had set a high standard - but I was a little bit disappointed with this dish. Very heavy and rich I simply could not stomach much of it.



Dessert


Meredith had the dumplings with golden syrup sauce, not my usual choice for desesrt but this was amazing. It has inspired me to try desserts that are not just your traditional creme brulee or chocolaty dessert.


Jaz had the lindt chocolate cake with vanilla syrup and mascarpone. It didn’t look much on the plate and I was sure it wouldn’t be enough to satisfy my chocolate cravings. However, as a long-standing chocolate lover/addict, let it be known: I am unstoppable… until I came across this dessert. So delicious, rich and filling I admit this time I was defeated! Certainly set the bar quite high next chocolate cake I come up against.


Service


The staff were polite, well presented and our water situation was always under control. Couldn’t fault the service.


Ambience


Depending on where you were facing in the room, we decided that the ambience was poor or average. The decor was simple but questionable. For a small restaurant it is so important to create an illusion of space for the guests. Perhaps the owners should visit Cinco and take a leaf from their decor book.


Price Range


Med-High


Average $19 entree, $31 mains, $13 desserts

No comments:

Post a Comment